I created a simple look that is easy to do and easy to wear. I loved how to orange blended in so perfectly with the dark purple.
This was a fun look to do because I don’t usually create green looks but this turned out amazing. I used some really good products plus my new Morphe palette. So here is what you need to do…
Step 1: Prepare your eyebrow
I like to start with my eyebrow because it is easier and if you mess up, you don’t have to fix anything else. Trust me, eyebrows are the easiest when started first.
Step 2: Prepare your base
The base is your eye primer or concealer. I use concealer because I can get a brighter color with it than a primer. After the base, add your powder or bronzer to set your eye. I sometimes use bronzer because it works so good.
Step 3: Blend
With a blending brush and the color you picked, start blending on the crease of your eye. Blend with light strokes so it doesn’t get too dark. Do not go up to the eyebrow with the eyeshadow. When you blend, you can feel where your eyeball is and that is how far you will go.
Step 4: Create your cut crease
The cut crease is really easy to create. You want to get a thin brush and add some concealer on it. Carefully line the concealer higher of your eyelid. A cut crease can be any size you like so feel free to go higher or lower with your crease. High cut crease are perfect for people who have small eyes and eyelids. After you draw your cut crease with the concealer, fill in with conceler. A cut crease can look any type of way so you can be creative with it. You can do a full or a half cut crease.
Step 5: Add the eyeshadow to the cut crease
Add your color to the cut crease to bring out your eye. I like to add bright or sparkly colors to my cut creases to bring out my look.
Step 6: Finish your look
The last thing to do is to finish your look. Add your eyeliner, lashes, foundation, and concealer. That is how you accomplish a cut crease look. These are the steps I used to create the look above. I hope you guys enjoy it!
Contouring is such a big deal in makeup because it brings out your features. Plus you can make new ones. (lol) When you see people contouring their jaws and noses, it brings that specific feature out more. I love contouring. Many people do the full contour which is under the eyes, nose, cheek bones, neck and so on. That is too much for me, just because I am in college and I don’t need all of that unless its a weekend. I don’t do the neck contour though. I haven’t tried it yet because I feel like its too much and I get hot really fast. Just remember that after you contour, you have to bake. You do not to walk around with a melting face. 🙂
I have four other sisters, not including myself that wears glasses. Over the time I have found certain things that can help them when applying their makeup. All but one of my sisters wears makeup. It is my mission to get the last one into makeup, even if it is the last thing I do.
- Glasses Marks On Nose-( I guess you get the marks above the nose when you wear glasses for too long. I could be wrong and If I am, please correct me. My sisters had that mark above their noses from their glasses and they could never get rid of them. You can always use a cream and cocoa butter that fades away dark marks. That is probably the best way but here is another when applying your makeup. Apply concealer to the area and then apply the foundation. You don’t even have to do your whole face. You can easily just cover that up really quick so that when you take your glasses off, no one will notice.)
- Eyeliner-( If you love eyeliner and wear glasses but never wear it because you think no one will notice it then STOP! You can always notice eyeliner. Maybe you just have to go thicker with your eyeliner.)
Glasses are really cute and flashy. There is a reason why everyone tries to wear nerd glasses.
There are tons of ways to organize your makeup to your liking. If you are like me and never organize then this will come in handy. I just recently started organizing my collection because I was always loosing certain items. I would be looking for a lip gloss and it would be in my makeup brushes. I would never keep my makeup organize and that is exactly why I keep everything neat now.
I like to organize my products by the products. I know it might sound confusing but it’s not. I put my foundations together. I put all my concealers together. I put all my eyeliners and lashes together so that I can find everything together. I also tried to organize by color but that was a mess. I could not find anything because I forgot how everything looked.
Organize to your liking but also try to organize so that you can find those hard products that you are always loosing. You do not want to find a pair of lashes in your concealer. (Lol)
I was inspired by the colors used on a makeup artist Instagram page. He also started this trend with the eyebrows so I wanted to try them.
His page is -@mmmmitchell
Eyeshadow- Morphe 35B + 3502 Palette
Foundation- Maybelline Fit me foundation Color-355
- Look, Texture, Consistency and overall price of foundation is important. My favorite foundation is loreal fit me foundation in the color coconut. The product is not too thick or thin, it is perfect. It feels really smooth on my skin which is good. The prices are really cheap at seven dollars at Walmart. I have been wearing the same foundation since high school. I am kind of nervous to switch foundations so I might just stay where I am.
- You also wanna make sure you get your exact color. You do not want a color that is too light or too dark. This is the base which is your face. (I was not trying to rhyme on purpose) Foundation is not concealer where you can buy light and darker colors to get that glow. If you do that with foundations, your skin will look too light, tan or dark. Have fun picking foundations!
I used the concealer from shopmissa.com. The concealer is a little thicker than the one I usually buy so this was perfect for a base. I also used it on my eyelid. Using concealer first really cover up those creases under your eyes so you don’t look tired. I swear it concealer fixes so many things. In the picture below, I only used that concealer. I am not wearing foundation or anything else.
If you bought a concealer that was too light for your skin, you can fix it. I bought one that was two shades lighter and all I did was mix it with my foundation. That is the method I used this morning. Your foundation is your skin tone so it would balance out well with your skin. No need to throw the concealer away, just enhance it.
Here are my everyday items plus some new items that I use on my face. Here they are…
- Fit Me Foundation-( This is my favorite foundation ever. It drys really good and has a matte finish. You can get this foundation everywhere. I get mine at Walmart.)
- Maybelline Concealer-( “The thin bottle”. I just picked this up yesterday because I have not used it in so long. I use to wear this concealer in high school and it still works perfectly.)
- Pro Concealer-( This concealer should be the number one concealer ever because it is perfect. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t use this product. It is thick and the best cover-up. You can get these at Ulta, your local hair stores and other places.)
- AOA Setting Powder-( I ordered the setting powder from shopmissa for one dollar. I like the product because it sets your face but also highlights it at the same time.)
- Bronzer-( I love wearing bronzer. I also use it to set my face. I got the bronzer from shopmissa for one dollar and it works so good.)